Lacey Peyton Photography
Have you ever seen a movie or read a book that captures your mind and heart and allows you to escape into a new reality…… well when I met my husband almost 10 years ago, that’s exactly how I felt. I truly did not believe that this type of man existed!!! Because of my past and the men that I had dated, I felt unworthy of a love that was so pure and beautiful, but God had another plan!!! We are living proof that God reigns, in every situation and that the name of Jesus is more powerful then any other name!!!
God used my sweet husband to chase after me, and to pursue me with the fierce, unselfish love, and it was such a beautiful reflection of God’s love for us. Beauties everywhere, I just want to encourage you to not allow a man to capture your heart unless he passionately is in pursuit of God’s will!!!
Last week, on March 21, my husband and I had officially been married for eight years. To my surprise, my husband presented me with my wedding ring, that he got redipped and remade….. THEN he re-proposed. He truly is such a romantic….. BUT LADIES, let me set the stage for you, it is kind of hilarious! 👉 I was nursing the baby, with NO MAKEUP on and we were listening to Stephen Furtick to get ready for our day AND then he gets down on one knee and tells me how much he loves me and how he is so thankful for our beautiful life.
That moment makes me cry because it is so sweet, raw, and pure. As I think about what this beautiful moment represents, my mind is flooded with so many situations that my husband and I have overcome!!! 6 moves, career changes, graduating college, multiple deaths (11 people between our families passed away in 2011) grief, depression, pride, anger, adoption and 2 children….to name a few. But, these moments ONLY made us stronger and last year alone we went from a family of two, to a family of four and God made so many of our dreams come to pass. Therefore, I stand here today not boasting of what we have accomplished but completely humbled and thankful for all God has done in and through us, without Christ we would fail miserably!!!
BECAUSE 👉The pressures of the world will try to separate you, from your friends, your family and from your spouse, but if you remain steadfast in the love of God….. knowing your worth, purpose and identity and pursuing Christ with all of your heart, your marriage will not fail!!! Also, your relationships will not fail, your life will continue to get sweeter and sweeter because your eyes will be open to the truth, that God created you to be a light and to spread love everywhere you go!! There is no greater calling, then to love others with an unconditional love!!
We have not done this alone, thank you to all of the people who have prayed for us, poured into us and empowered us to continue moving forward!!! If you’re reading this and feel alone, lost, frustrated, or you’re about to give up on a relationship, take a deep breath and stop looking down or around, instead LOOK up!!!
A few lessons we have learned and continue to learn!!
1. Take the expectation off of your spouse – they will never be able to fulfill your needs, only Christ can do that. It is not fair for us to put an expectation on them to meet our needs.
2. Your spouse is a gift, so treat them with the utmost respect, honor, love and care.
3. Seek after Christ with all of your heart, soul, and mind.
4. Speak only life into your marriage and into your family.
5. Never say the word divorce! We made that a rule when we first got married and we’ve never use that word.
6. Don’t allow negativity to remain in your home, it is essential to speak life, hope, truth, and love over your spouse, kids and family!!
7. Treat your spouse the way you want to be treated.
8. Give and serve with no strings attached.
9. Forgive easily and quickly.
10. Be slow to speak and quick to listen
11. Surround yourself with people who will pray on your behalf, empower and encourage you
12. Get involved in your local church and have accountability partners
13. Never stop falling in love with your spouse
14. Always remind yourself, to remember why you fell in love
15. Go on date nights
Sweet friends, also please remember that the grass is not greener on the other side….the grass is greener where you water it, so when you’re tempted by money, status, or looks remember that nothing will satisfy you… only Christ and your marriage is a sweet, precious gift that I pray you cherish!! Love you all and hope you’re having an amazing day and I hope you are encouraged!!
And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
John 16:33New International Version (NIV)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble.But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
New International Version (NIV)
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
“This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.
2 Corinthians 5:12
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper you not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future!