Ever since I can remember, I have been a part of athletics events and sports competitions, from basketball, to volleyball, to soccer, I absolutely loved team sports. I learned at a very young age that staying hydrated is essential to be at optimal health for staying in shape. I have carried this lesson into every aspect of my life, and I couldn’t wait to share with you some creative ways to stay hydrated this summer.
Here are 5 creative ways to stay hydrated!
1. This one is super basic, but I found that it works for me. Use a cute water bottle, jug or a container to put your water in. I have found that if I have bright colors around me, the colors catch my eye, and I remember to drink water.
2. Eat your fruits and veggies. I am so excited to share this fun fact with you. Here are 5 fruits/veggies that are made up of over 90% water.
Strawberries 92% Water
Watermelon 92% Water
Red tomato 94% Water
Cucumber 96% Water
Zucchini 95% Water
3. Infuse your water with fun fruit combinations 👉 One of my favorite fruit infused water recipes is the combination of pineapple, lemon, lime, and strawberry! OMG it’s so good!
4. Start juicing your veggies and fruits! This is another way to stay hydrated and gain optimal nutrition! I did another blog post on juicing, all about the juicer we use and some recipes that we like to use as well! We have seen a huge difference in our energy level since we started juicing.
5. Finally, if you just do not like the taste of water, I would encourage you to start drinking flavored sparkling water. Personally, I did not like this until I tasted this specific brand and this specific flavor, it literally taste like Sprite and my family loves it!
So if we could just consume a few of these items on a daily basis, we would be consuming more water and more nutrients.
I hope you enjoy these tips and let me know if you have other creative ways to stay hydrated this summer! 💕
Love you all!