Sweet friend!! This was our first summer having two kiddos! I can't believe how our lives have drastically changed in the course of a year and a half! If you have been following our story, you know that we adopted our son, and then had our sweet baby girl. It was truly miraculous how it all came together and such a testimony to God's faithfulness and love! We do our best to cherish every moment we have with our kids and to always remain humble and thankful knowing that all the good that surrounds us comes from God, and God alone!!
What about you? What did your summer look like? Was it what you had imagined or planned?
I hope it was more than you ever expected! Ours definitely blew us away. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous and apprehensive about having a three month old and a six-year-old headed into summer but I have learned from so many of my friends that it's essential to be flexible, forgiving, and full of JOY!
(Just so you know my daughter is on a sleep schedule, and a schedule with her naps but I am learning to be a little more flexible and it has made a huge difference in the peace in our home.)
Here are some of our favorite memories from this summer. I would love to hear about some of yours as well!!
1. We went to Miami on our first family vacation of four! Our sweet son and daughter both loved the beach!!
2. We got a new pool and our son learned how to swim like a fish, I'm not joking, he absolutely loves the water!! He told me that was his favorite thing he did this summer, to swim with his friends and family!
3. We got a new fifth wheel, and went on a three week camping vacation! Have you ever been camping? What were some of the things you did that made it easier!?
4. We went to the sea aquarium in Miami and our sweet son realized he wanted to be a marine biologist/scientist.
5. We went to our Beachhouse and spent a lot of time with our friends and family!
6. We went on an exotic safari ride in Wimberley Texas, and it was amazing.
7. We went to Discover kids camp as a family and our son was blessed and LOVED it!
We are so thankful for the sweet memories and all the other ones we had the privilege of making! Even though our summer has come to an end with our son starting school tomorrow, we are overwhelmed with the hope of all the possibilities to come!
I just want to encourage all of you moms and families to know that God has already planned out this year for your children. Your kids are prepared and in the perfect position to accomplish all of their goals and dreams for the school year!
Praying for all of the families, teachers and children going back to school this week, that you would be full of supernatural peace! You are specifically designed to empower, teach and inspire those around you. Don't be overwhelmed with things that don't go your way, but instead, know that God is with you and has gone before you and has paved away. Jeremiah 29:11 You are amazing, and you are a blessing and a light to everyone you meet!!
Love you all so much and I'm so excited for all this year has to offer!!